
I had a few quiet moments (thanks to a Dora dvd) on Saturday and had a chance to watch President Hinckley's funeral. It was wonderful. President Hinckley was an inspired prophet and a great man. I have loved watching all the stories and news coverage that KSL has had on surrounding his death. I watched this morning as they talked about all the temples he made possible and the places he traveled. He worked hard to bring together our worldwide church and strengthen all members. I have been inspired by what seems to have been the motto of his life. Get on your knees, pray about it, and then go to work. Jeremy came home from priesthood a few years ago and wrote down a quote from President Hinckley's talk that we have had hanging in our home ever since. "I testify that if we will make an effort to improve our lives, the result will become evident (November, 2006)." I am grateful for the inspiring men and women that the Lord puts in place to lead the church and I am truly grateful to have been alive when President Hinckley was the prophet.





No comments:
Post a Comment