Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Simplify!


I was driving home the other day and I thought back to an afternoon a couple years ago when I took my kids to visit my cousin. It was lunch time and she was just pulling homemade bread out of the oven. We all sat down for a huge slice of hot bread with butter and honey and some cantaloupe and strawberries. I remember her kids gobbling it up and running back outside to play. I sat there and thought - Wow! Your kids eat this for lunch and love it. What about the fruit snacks and chips, etc. etc.? And no picky eaters!

When I got home I told Jeremy that I wanted to start making bread and feeding the kids bread with butter and honey and fruit for lunch this summer. Healthy and simple! And a lot less hassle at the grocery store.

I was so excited today when the bread turned out great and Macy couldn't wait to eat it. And yes, Macy, Lauren and I had hot bread with butter and honey and apples and chocolate milk for lunch today!

Thank you Spring for the inspiration and the delicious recipe!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That bread looks so good Megan! Of course making the bread doesn't seem "simple", but that's probably becuase I have never been successful! The girls were adorable in their Easter dresses. It was so great to see you on Easter. That Easter Bunny is kind of scary though. I see you only have 35 days left till Kate is due - good luck! Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Megan I love all the pictures and that bread looks great. We miss u and the girls so much. Malia is always asking to go play at your house. We are so excite for you to have another little girl, that will be so much fun. I hope that you are feeling good and i can't wait to see more pictures.

Beckstrom Family said...

Megan, my dear, it is so fun to see/hear updates on you and your sweet family. That bread looks super yummy - look at you, Queen Domestic! It was wonderful to see you all for Easter. I'm also so stoked about the stash for baby Kate! That is awesome! I hope that you're feeling well...or at least well enough, I guess. Love you!

Lisha said...

I liked your updates. The bread looks really yummy. Can you email me the recipe please? The girls Easter dresses are adorable! I can't believe you are going to be a family of four girls soon!!! Wahoo! That is so fun. You got some really cute stuff for your shower. And I REALLY like the name Kate. Hope you are doing good. Love ya!

Tavan said...

Well, I just caught up on your blog! How cute were your girls on Easter?! Super cute pics :)