Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My current obsession

My husband is so good to put up with whatever my obsession of the day is. And thanks to my amazing new kitchen my current obsession is cooking. I have been engrossed in cookbooks and recipe sites looking for yummy meals, treats etc. It has been a little challenging since I am still working diligently on losing my last 10 pounds, but I am having so much fun.

My project this week is a two layered princess cake for Lauren's birthday. Today I am making three chocolate cakes and because of the yummy smell, cupcakes for the family to enjoy too. Tomorrow we build and frost and Friday decorate! I can't wait to post it along with some darling pictures of Lauren. Check out the sites on I love it! and let me know if you have found any good ones! Happy cooking!

"The two biggest sellers in any bookstore are the cookbooks and the diet books. The cookbooks tell you how to prepare the food and the diet books tell you how not to eat any of it."

— Andy Rooney

2 comments:

Lucrecia said...

Oh man, that is a tough one! I love making brownies and cupcakes. And believe me, I can put 'em down like no one else! But I have found in my 30's I can't do whatever I want anymore. So we have "cookie day" on Sunday. It makes for a long week but a happy Sunday:)

Lisha said...

Can't wait to see your cake. I know it will be amazing! I liked your tag post below. The girls do look so cute and little! I love their cute little green dresses!